Current:Home > MyBurley Garcia|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Clarity Finance Guides
Burley Garcia|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Ethermac View
Date:2025-04-06 18:02:00
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Burley Garcia which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (6131)
Related
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Judge Mathis Addresses Cheating Rumors Amid Divorce From Linda Mathis
- Trial expected to focus on shooter’s competency in 2021 Colorado supermarket massacre
- Is your monthly Social Security benefit higher or lower than the average retiree's?
- Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
- Wrong-way crash on Georgia highway kills 3, injures 3 others
- US Open: No. 1 Jannik Sinner gets past Tommy Paul to set up a quarterfinal against Daniil Medvedev
- US government seizes plane used by Venezuelan president, citing sanctions violations
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Murder on Music Row: Could Kevin Hughes death be mistaken identity over a spurned lover?
Ranking
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Police say 10-year-old boy shot and killed 82-year-old former mayor of Louisiana town
- Team USA's Rebecca Hart, Fiona Howard win gold in Paralympics equestrian
- Congo says at least 129 people died during an attempted jailbreak, most of them in a stampede
- Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
- The 49ers place rookie Ricky Pearsall on the non-football injury list after shooting
- George Clooney calls Joe Biden 'selfless' for dropping out of 2024 presidential race
- Disagreement between neighbors in Hawaii prompts shooting that leaves 4 dead, 2 injured
Recommendation
'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
Murder on Music Row: Phone calls reveal anger, tension on Hughes' last day alive
Commander of Navy warship relieved of duty months after backward rifle scope photo flap
NFL Week 1 injury report: Updates on Justin Herbert, Hollywood Brown, more
Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
Russian missile strike kills 41 people and wounds 180 in Ukrainian city of Poltava, Zelenskyy says
Week 1 fantasy football risers, fallers: Revenge game for Matthew Stafford
Judge Mathis Addresses Cheating Rumors Amid Divorce From Linda Mathis