Current:Home > reviewsSurpassing:Lisa Rinna Reveals "Horrible" Death Threats Led to Her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Exit -Clarity Finance Guides
Surpassing:Lisa Rinna Reveals "Horrible" Death Threats Led to Her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Exit
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 17:38:09
Lisa Rinna has no regrets about giving up her diamond.
In fact,Surpassing The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills alum shared new details about the backlash that led to her decision to exit the Bravo series earlier this year.
"The way the fanbase reacts to the show now is not how it was when I first started," the 59-year-old told The Evening Standard's ES Magazine. "I mean, we were getting death threats. Some of the most horrible things I've ever seen in print in my life, and it's a reality show! It's a stupid show! I thought, 'It's time to go.' I'm not sure how much longer that can exist in the zeitgeist, to be honest with you."
Much of RHOBH's season 12 drama centered around Lisa's bitter feud with Kathy Hilton following Kathy's meltdown in Aspen in which she bad-mouthed all of her co-stars, including sister Kyle Richards.
"I think the world itself has gotten so volatile that the response doesn't match what we're doing," Lisa added of the fallout. "I didn't want to live like that. I don't think that's healthy."
After a shockingly contentious reunion, Lisa announced in January she was walking away after eight seasons. The Days of our Lives actress even revealed the decision was an easy one after she received a vision from her late mother Lois, who died in 2021 at the age of 93.
"She came to me," Lisa shared. "It's so wild, because half the world will believe this, half the world will say, 'That's so weird.' I was sleeping and I heard her say to me, 'It's time for you to go.' I told a psychic and she said, 'Oh yeah, she's come to me and told me that. She wants you to be happy and follow your dream, but she says it's time for you to go.'"
With reality TV in her rearview mirror, Lisa is now focusing on returning to her acting roots.
"I have two acting gigs coming, which is really exciting," she shared, noting they are in both television and film. "Acting is where I began, so my love is always there. When you take time off, people start to only see you one way, so this is a dream come true."
In a full-circle moment, Lisa revealed her first day of filming is June 7—her mom's birthday.
"She's been such a guardian angel throughout this whole process," she said. "So to start the job on her birthday is lovely."
(E! and Bravo are both part of the NBCUniversal family)
Peacock is live now! Check out NBCU's streaming service here.veryGood! (9426)
Related
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Women who say they were abused by a onetime Jesuit artist denounce an apparent rehabilitation effort
- Electrifying a Fraction of Vehicles in the Lower Great Lakes Could Save Thousands of Lives Annually, Studies Suggest
- Puppies training to be future assistance dogs earn their wings at Detroit-area airport
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Dabo Swinney adds kicker from 'off the beach' to start for Clemson against Florida State
- The Truth About Kim Kardashian and Odell Beckham Jr.'s Relationship Status
- Prosecutors set to lay out case against officers in death of unarmed Black man in Denver suburb
- Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
- Former Indiana congressman sentenced to 22 months in prison for insider trading convictions
Ranking
- Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
- 'Heartbroken': Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens dies at 66 from bike accident injuries
- Airbnb says it’s cracking down on fake listings and has removed 59,000 of them this year
- 'Heartbroken': Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens dies at 66 from bike accident injuries
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Israel’s Netanyahu to meet with Biden in New York. The location is seen as a sign of US displeasure
- An artist took $84,000 in cash from a museum and handed in blank canvases titled Take the Money and Run. He's been ordered to return some of it
- California may limit how much company behind Arrowhead bottled water can draw from mountain springs
Recommendation
John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
California law restricting companies’ use of information from kids online is halted by federal judge
India asks citizens to be careful if traveling to Canada as rift escalates over Sikh leader’s death
A federal agency wants to give safety tips to young adults. So it's dropping an album
Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
Prosecutors set to lay out case against officers in death of unarmed Black man in Denver suburb
Amazon delivery driver in 'serious' condition after rattlesnake attack in Florida
College football bowl projections: Florida State holds onto playoff spot (barely)